This is my very most popular recipe from my previous blog: Simple and Merry. And it is truly a simple and merry recipe.
Gluten free. Grain free. Dairy free. Egg free. Paleo. Vegan. Pliable, flexible, yum. Possibly my greatest recipe.
This recipe works for pizza, focaccia, wraps, you name it.
It does have its limitations, however! It isn’t super great cold. It is so much better warm. 🙂
- 3 green plantains, peeled and chopped (about 4 cups of chopped plantains)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Place all ingredients in a high speed blender (like a Vita Mix).
- Turn on high, pressing the tamper as needed, until it is a super smooth paste.
- For square wraps: Spread paste on a parchment lined 17"x11" sheet pan. If your pan is smaller, use two pans. (If you spread it too thick, it can get goopy.) Some like it goopy, you can experiment to your taste. Bake at 375 for 30 minutes, then cut into 6 or 8 pieces. Fill as desired.
- For round wraps: spread into small, thin circles on a parchment lined sheet pan. Bake at 375. The amount of time will depend on the size, but you will want it to be slightly browned, but still pliable.
- For focaccia: spread paste on parchment lined sheet tray similar to square wraps - but drizzle with olive oil, then sprinkle onions, garlic, mushrooms, olives, sea salt, etc... and bake at 375 for 30 minutes.
- For pizza: prepare like square wraps, and after you take it out of the oven, flip the crust over onto another piece of parchment so the sticky side is up. Put your sauce and toppings on the sticky side, then bake for another 20 minutes in the oven.