This spring potato salad is gorgeous! And delicious. It is easy, mayonnaise free, made with whole foods, and naturally gluten free.
The amounts are open to be changed according to taste. I just have approximate quantities – feel free to play around!
The herbs could be any fresh herb you wish. Basil, cilantro, parsley, dill, thyme…
You can use more or less onion to taste. More or less avocado to taste. You could add other veggies if you wish. Perhaps some chopped celery? Or red pepper with white onion? Or sliced cherry tomatoes? A less peppery vidalia onion?
The choices are endless.
The point is to make it until it’s perfect for you. Taste it until you like it, and enjoy!
- 1-2 pounds of red skinned potatoes, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, minced
- a handful of fresh basil or parsley, minced
- 1/2 to 1 avocado in small chunks
- juice of 1 lemon
- zest of one lemon, or a few drops of food grade lemon essential oil
- sea salt and fresh pepper to taste
- Simmer potatoes until they are soft. You want them to break down a bit when you stir the salad, but not break down completely.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir. Adjust the seasonings.
- Serve warm, room temperature, or cold. Enjoy!